Land Use Controls can include the following:
- Restriction against interfering with groundwater remediation, remediation systems, or monitoring wells.
- Limitation on construction of water wells within the Special Groundwater Prohibition Zone and Consultation Zone. See map of protection zones (BW-2807.6).
- Munitions Recognition and Safety Training.
- Construction Support by UXO‐qualified personnel. See map of areas with the construction support requirement.
- Restrictions prohibiting residential use in the non‐residential development and habitat reserve areas.
- Access management measures in areas designated for habitat reserve.
- Restrictions against inconsistent uses in areas designated for habitat reserve.
Land Use Control Implementation Plans
Revised Final Land Use Implementation Plan / Operation and Maintenance Plan (LUCIP/OMP) Group 1: Seaside and Parker Flats Phase II MRAs (ESCA-0361E December 2019)
Final Land Use Control Implemetation Plan / Operation & Maintenance Plan Group 2: California State University Monterey Bay Off-Campus Munitions Response Area (ESCA-0305B, September 2018)
Final Group 3 Land Use Control Implementation Plan / Operations & Maintenance Plan Group 3: Del Rey Oaks/Monterey, Laguna Seca Parking, MOUT Site Munitions Response Areas (ESCA-0301B, September 2018)
Final Land Use Implementation Plan / Operation and Maintenance Plan (LUCIP/OMP) Group 4: Future East Garrison MRA (ESCA-0364B February 2019)
Final Land Use Controls Implementation Plan/Operations & Maintenance Plan Interim Action Ranges Munitions Response Area (ESCA-0337B, August 2018)
Free Safety Recognition Classes: in-person and on-line
The Army offers military munitions recognition and safety training to anyone digging holes or disturbing soil (in areas where land use restrictions do not prohibit digging) at the former Fort Ord property. A UXO technician or safety officer is available to conduct a twenty-minute training session. This training session includes information on what military munitions might be found and the procedure to follow if something is found. There’s no charge for the training. Click here for a flyer includes information on how to request the training.
A free on-line class is also available. A Munitions Recognition and Safety Training video in English and Spanish. Click here to be directed to the on-line class.